Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

I've got someone kind of interested!

I've been sending out query letters to many many agents. One at a time of course. I've looked up what they like on their web pages to make sure my book fits into one of the genre's they represent. Most of the replies have been a polite "no thank you" or "I'm not the right agent for your work," or "This is not a right fit for me."
I'm ok with all of the rejections, The very first one hurt, the second... not so much. By the 30th or more, its more of "I knew that would be coming, lets see what the next one says."
Now, I've come across something I'm not familiar with. I've got an agent that said: "Sounds interesting, Send me the first 30 pages and a synopsis."
NOW I'M PANICKED.
I've been looking into finding the right format for submitting the work. What size font? Do I need headers? or footers? If the sentence isn't complete on the 30th page, do I leave it unfinished? or add the rest of it??
I want to make it the best I can in appearance, but I've also been going back over it and reading it over and over and over again to make sure I don't have any stupid little errors. I'm also trying to make sure it catches her attention so she'll ask to see page 31 and on....
I'm hoping for the best, but I'm also being realistic about it.
Each one of these little steps will make this the best project I can get it.
Hope I've got a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em Laura... This is exciting that you got a bite on this one...

    ReplyDelete