Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I sent out my first partial!

I went to the post office today to mail the first 30 pages with a synopsis and SASE.

It was a little butterfly in the belly inducing. I have submitted the first 10 to 15 pages before that were pasted in the email with my query letter, but somehow doing it snail mail made it feel so much more intimidating.
I wonder if that was because she said it sounded interesting and requested it, whereas the other ones wanted the 10 to 15 in the initial contact.

I've read on other blogs and comments from writers that its hard to send out your pride and joy, your baby, if you will, to someone who won't love it as much as you do. I agree with them. I hope she loves it, but know it won't be the same way I love it.

She'll be able to see all the flaws I have there. Me on the other hand. I'm like a mom that can't see the misbehavings of my precious children (who are mostly perfect by the way). I've gone over that manuscript so many times, I know it by heart.
Even though she'll see it's flaws, I hope she can also see it's potential, and want to work with me to help me perfect it.
Here's hoping

No comments:

Post a Comment