Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Being the ref of your own mind is weird.

I have 2 stories that are in my mind fighting for attention.

On is a lighthearted middle grade written from the viewpoint of an 11 year old boy. I'm working on getting his voice just right. Gotta do some remembering and observing of boys that age. I'm also going to the library tonight to get some books written about or for boys.

The other is a little more dark about what the world is like for a few teenagers after their world is mostly destroyed.

I know totally opposites. But they are both in there demanding their due. At least I'm not obsessing about the first book I've been querying about.
So trying to referee two stories will be interesting. Hopefully they will keep in their separate pages and not try to join each other. That wouldn't flow very well.

I've always been pretty good at multi-tasking. We'll see how well I can do it when it comes to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment