Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesday

Here we are again with another week, and another writing prompt.

This one felt odd to me, and I think I was in a weird mood when I wrote it. It's funny how the mood of an author can really color what comes out.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.





The prompt was:  "The devil's name was Fred."


Mom never thought I’d amount to much. She kept telling me if I didn’t pull my act together, I’d only serve as a bad example. I wasn’t all bad, but I never made an attempt to do anything worthwhile.
It wasn’t a big surprise when I died and stood in front of the devil himself. He looked tired, and I felt bad for him. “You need a vacation, man.”
Satan perked up and grinned. “Amen to that. I hereby promote you to lord of the underworld. What’s your name?”

“Fred.” I looked over my new kingdom and thought of Mom.


Now go check out the other blogs with the same prompt. 

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, the distracted writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

4 comments: