Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book review. THE ALIAS by Mandi Tucker Slack




 
Book Review:  THE ALIAS by Mandi Tucker Slack
Alias Cover.jpg



What the book says about itself:

Jacey Grayson is an average, young, divorced mother struggling to build a new life for her son, Blaze. But when the FBI discloses some disturbing information about her ex-husband, Jacey's life becomes anything but average. At the risk of losing her identity, her future, and her heart, Jacey and Blaze flee to Utah, hoping to hide and start over once again. But no matter how far she runs or who she pretends to be, her past is always lurking nearby, bringing old fears with it. Thrilling action and a suspenseful plot make this novel an edge-of-your-seat-read. 



What I have to say about it:

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed. The story seemed to flow very well without making me feel like there were things happening just to move the story forward. I loved how though Jacey was going under a different name, I never got confused when they used the other name. The romance in this was just perfect for me. Nothing blushworthy ever, and it developed in a way I could accept without making it feel like it was forced. But it was still very sweet and romantic and I couldn't help rooting for the couple.
Jacey stayed in an abusive relationship for many years and when she eventually got out of it, she works hard at making a new life for herself. I loved how the author made us aware of how women from abusive relationships are all different, but may have similar reasons for sticking with it. But I also loved how Jacey changed and made a person for herself that wasn't going to ever allow herself to be abused again.
The only problem I had with this story was Jacey's ex, John. Of course he was a creep, and I did get his motivations for why he did what he did, but there were a couple places where when he was talking to his partner in crime he sounded a little too "tough guy". Besides that one little thing that's hardly worth mentioning, I really loved this book. It was a fast read and I never once wanted to put it down and go look for something else to do.




Check out her website HERE
Find it on AMAZON HERE
Find it on Barnes and Noble HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome review, Laura! It made my day! ...Mandi

    ReplyDelete