Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is a writer?

What is a writer? Really?

I just read an amazing thing from another writers blog. I'm hoping I can attach the link to get there from HERE It lets people know that writers are people too. Some are awesome, and some are in need of a few manners. But always remember, authors are people too.

Speaking of that. I'm not technically considered an author, because I have not had anything I've written published, but I do feel like I am one. Or a writer, or whatever you want to call what I do.
But I'm also a mom, a wife, a daughter, a neighbor, a friend, a volunteer, a cook, a cleaner, a teacher, a chaufer, etc... I have hopes and dreams. I fail and I succeed. I start and I stop. I laugh and I cry. I have ups and downs. Just like everyone else out there in this fantastic world of ours.

I know some writers are the kind who can start a book, finish it, send it in, and get it published all in less than a year.
Other writers spend years going through the process of planning their plot, and characters and slave over every detail and yet their books never see the light of day.
So many writers would love to have unlimited time to follow their muse, but it doesn't always happen. We have diapers to change, kids to feed, bath time to regulate, houses to clean, shopping to do, naps to take (or dream about taking) Many have full time jobs to juggle, and volunteer service to provide.

So I guess with all this random ramblings, I'm just trying to say that there are many more things about a writer/author than just their books.
BUT, we sure love our books, and hope the world out there will love them too.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment