Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

I love a good writing challenge.

I totally rock at writing lots of words. When I have a motivation or a challenge, or when there is someone to check up on me.

For instance, a writer friend of mine started Sprint Writers Central. Check out the widget on the side. It's a place where you can go and write while other writers are in the chat room. They've got a timer where you can do little sprints of how ever long works for you. I just did 2 thirty minute sprints for a total of an hour. Guess how many words that produced. 1, 807. That's about 30 words per minute.

Now if I didn't have someone to race against, or even just the timer, or even just my imaginary writing friends when no one else is on the site at the same time as me, I wouldn't write nearly as much.

I'm also part of a Facebook group page that has challenged each writer to write at least 500 words per day for six months, and that would equal about a 90,000 word novel.

This might not work for another writer, but for me, it's been a great motivator.

So get together with a writer friend or two and challenge yourself.

Wanna join us? Let me know and I'll get you hooked up on the Facebook page. But just click that little sprint writers central widget to join the other one.

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Cool. This sounds like something that would really motivate me. I've been using #wordmongering on twitter which is just a half hour stint and have found it really helpful. Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete