Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wonhundred Word Wednesday

This week's prompt:

There was a strange wailing sound coming from the next room. 



A strange wailing sound caught my ears. I put my tools down and listened closely, trying to figure out what it could be. My apprentice had gone home hours ago, and no one in their right mind would be visiting someone like me this late at night. I doubted it was a cat. They had learned to stay away as well. 
I blew out the candle and gripped the long handled needel used to punch holes in the leather I’d been working on.
Easing myself up quietly, I moved to the door. A familiar scent reached me.

I’d been found.


Time to check out the other blogs and see what they came up with. 

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The world, the character and the thing outside all have such possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing. It makes you want to know more. Why are cats afraid of her? What would be hunting her? It definitely catches attention right way.

    ReplyDelete