Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

A little history on writing my novel Eye On Orion

I've always loved the stars and night sky. When I first started writing this book and worked on Holly's personality, I used parts of my history. My grandpa used to show me the stars at night. I remember him having a blow up ball with the constellations on them he'd point out to me.
I also remember being woke up one night in the middle of the night and my dad carrying me out to the front porch to look at the moon. It was a dog moon and the circle surrounding the full moon was so beautiful it has stayed with me since then.
Growing up in such a small town as I did, my night sky was so clear and beautiful, I never had to head up to the mountains to see meteor showers. I always search the stars when I go home to visit my parents.
I also love looking at the NASA website and searching other places for information about celestial events. So I thought I'd put some of the links I use now, and some I used when writing this book.

after writing this post, my dad sent me this link. It's stunning. And a very important scene happens on the Salt Flats in my book. Check out this awesome panorama of the Bonneville Salt Flats


The Nasa website has some awesome stuff.  http://www.nasa.gov/

Also, an Astronomy calendar of Celestial Events for 2014 is one of my new favorite places to look.

I also used this book as a reference when writing the story. loved this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment