Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another month filled with words.

I enjoyed the writing abandon of NaNoWriMo so much that I'm going to do my own month of writing here in March.
I managed to churn out the 50,000 words in November, though some of them were repeats and do overs, and begin agains, I was able to keep at least 30,000 of those after doing an edit to get the story straight in my mind again. So my goal for this month is to write 30,000 new words.

I plan to write them on the same story I did in November, which happens to be a follow up story of my most recent completed novel. I figure doing 30K is a realistic goal and I have a group on FB I'll be reporting to so I'll have incentive to keep going. Plus, getting this story closer to completion is always a reward in itself.

So you fun readers who see my blog. What other kind of reward should I give myself if I accomplish my goal. (Can't cost more than $10, but free or low-low cost would be even better) And what should be my consequence if I don't complete it? I need your suggestions.

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Funny, becasue I'm going to try and write as much as I can this month as well. I say we go have a girls night and get ice cream at coldstone if we reach our goals. Whatta ya think? (we should also ask any other Tooele girls if they want to join us)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fabulous idea. We should do that if we win and congratulate ourselves. Of course if we don't meet our goals, we should go out and drown our sorrows in ice-cream, but only one scoop.

      Delete