Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm back

Though there probably weren't many that noticed I wasn't on.

The reason for my absence was the addition of a new baby into my life. And boy was it a relief when he finally got here. I was obsessed with my pre/early labor. Contractions all the time, but no progress. Finally with some assistance in the form of pitocin, he made his entrance into the world measuring 22 inches, weighing 11 lbs and 7 ounces. No that isn't a typo, it is really ELEVEN pounds. And it wasn't by c-section by the way. Just think of me as super-mom

The funny thing is, I can't think of a word that encompasses his size, other than big. I have tried doing it in all caps BIG, but sometimes a simple word can be just as effective as a more elaborate word. I do refer to him as the monster baby, but that could make you think of him as a monster, and not just his size.

While waiting for his birth, I was able to finish my manuscript two days before he was born. It felt nice to write the words "the end" though I know it isn't finished. I have many edits ahead of me. I have finally been able to look at it again now that the not so little man is sleeping for 4 to 5 hours at least once a night.

I've also begun dreaming again, and it's been giving me ideas of what to work on next. It's exciting to be a mom again, though it is exhausting. But I'm also very excited to be working on my writing again. Even if it's only for a few minutes here and there between feedings, changings, naps, and taking care of my other kids and the house. It may take me a while to finish the edits, and get it ready to submit, but at least it's another manuscript done.

So what's a better word to describe my "big" boy?
Share them in the comments.



2 comments:

  1. I thought Van was big at 9lb7oz... You're not a supermom. You are a goddess. But, I can't help but wonder if I am too. Who else could give birth to a tornado, a hurricane, and an earthquake and live?
    Congrats on the award. And the book. And the hefty little guy, of course. {:

    ReplyDelete