Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Working on enjoying the writing process again.

I had almost given up hope on the work I've sent out to agents when I get an email saying one agency is interesting in reading more.

Isn't it funny how things can almost seem hopeless, then you get a ray of sunshine that makes you think its still all worth while.
Now I have no idea what will come of this request for more material. Experience tells me to expect a thank you for sending this, but we regretfully must pass and good luck as you continue to send it out. But then hope tells me to have faith and say, they're gonna love it and ask for the whole manuscript.

There are so many steps to the whole process of writing and becoming published. When I first started out, it was just for fun to see what I could do. Then I started to imagine how fun it would be to become published that the fun of writing left me. I've been working on ignoring the things out of my hands and just trying to write for fun again. Those times I can do that and forget about the whole publishing thing is when I enjoy my writing.

I do enjoy writing, and someday hope you can enjoy reading what I've written, but until then I'm just going to write for me.

Laura

4 comments:

  1. I have felt the same way. I need to just write for me, what I like. The pressure of having it be perfect and good enough for publishing right now has just made me stuck. Thanks for the post, and I hope they request the full MS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! :D :D :D Chin up, little lamb. ;) I'm sure it'll all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, sounds like I'm the winner! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete